Tourism cabinet secretary Najib Balala has sued the standard newspaper for defamatory headline it had published on the Friday standard.
court balala - CS Balala sues Standard Newspaper, says home wasn’t raidedcourt balala - CS Balala sues Standard Newspaper, says home wasn’t raided
The newspaper alleged that the home of the former mvita mp was raided by Directorate of crimiinal investigations department in a corruption scandal involving 100 million.
The standard said “Mr Balala is being investigated for allegedly awarding a Sh100 million contract, through single sourcing, to a local company to offer unspecified services during expos held in Nairobi two years ago.”
bala - CS Balala sues Standard Newspaper, says home wasn’t raided
“The detectives are said to have secretly mounted the operation after obtaining search warrants following intelligence reports that the company is allegedly a conduit for State officers to siphon public funds.”
Through his affidavit, Balala said he was not aware of such activities in all his homes and that such were false information.
The CS is said to have contracted the company during the 2016/2017 financial year to offer various services during the circuit of exhibitions held at the Kenyatta International Conference Centre in Nairobi.
One event was held from February 23 to 26, 2017.
The contract was for hosting various expos under a programme to aid in the recovery of the Tourism docket whose performance had been struggling.

The post CS Balala sues Standard Newspaper, says home wasn’t raided appeared first on Kenya Today.

2 thoughts on “CS Balala sues Standard Newspaper, says home wasn’t raided”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *